quarta-feira, 28 de agosto de 2013

Mini Opinião - Among The Nameless Stars

Ficha Técnica:
Autor: Diana Peterfreund
Páginas: 60 (Ebook)
Editor: HarperCollins

Sinopse:
Before Kai joined the Cloud Fleet, he wandered… AMONG THE NAMELESS STARS.

Four years before the events of FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS, the servant Kai left the North Estate, the only home he’d ever known, and Elliot North, the only girl he ever loved, in search of a better life. But the journey was not an easy one.

Featuring narrow escapes, thrilling boat races and at least one deadly volcanic wasteland.

Opinião:
This short story tells us what Kai went through when he decided to leave everything behind and become a "free man". We start to see the man he came to be in For Darkness Shows The Stars. An aspect of his character that I had not noticed before is how proud he is. Not in a bad way, but in a way that lets us walk with our heads held high no matter what. We got to see a little glimpse of Sophia, and I was sad that I couldn't watch more.

The only thing that really bothered me was the fact that it was implicit, in For Darkness Shows The Stars, that he had a lot of crap thrown at him, that it was almost do the genetic procedures or die. When I read what really happened I felt disappointed. I hoped for more tragedy. I'm not saying that it wasn't bad, I just think that the author could have chosen a better way to tell us what happened. I was hoping to course through the story, and that didn't happen.


It's a nice way to know what happened if you are curious, but nothing you're going to miss if you don't read it.

1 comentário: