sábado, 14 de setembro de 2013

Opinião - Devil in Winter (Wallflower 3)

Ficha Técnica:
Autor: Lisa Kleypas
Páginas: 384 (Ebook)
Editor: HarperCollins
ISBN: 9780061793516

Sinopse:
A devil's bargain.

Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vincent with a most outrageous proposition: marriage!

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden's good name. Still, this bewitching chit appeared, unchaperoned, on his doorstep to offer her hand. Certainly an aristocrat with a fine eye for beauty could do far worse.

But Evie's proposal comes with a condition: no lovemaking after their wedding night. She will never become just another of the dashing libertine's callously discarded broken hearts -- which means Sebastian will simply have to work harder at his seductions...or perhaps surrender his own heart for the very first time in the name of true love.

Opinião:
Since I really loved St. Vincent in the previous book, and counting the fact that the author gave us a little snippet of what was going to happen in this book, I was positively excited to start reading it. I wanted to feel that my faith in the author wasn't misplaced. So I started to read the book with a little suspicion, because I was scared I was going to be disappointed. I had very high expectations for this book and its characters. Now that I finished the book I can breathe more easily and I can say I really liked the book and everything in it.

The way that Evie finally takes a stand, and takes care of her fate in her own hands is admirable! Even nowadays there are a lot of women that are scared to take the steps that will give them a better life. And for that, I praise the heroine of this story. I loved to see that shyness wasn't the only characteristic of her personality as we thought. She is a remarkable character with a will to survive and carry on, and not easily broken. I admire her strength. St. Vincent was the perfect match for her. He brought out her temper and made her more comfortable with herself, more confident. At the same time, he started to see her strength and in spite of everything he understands that maybe he could rely on her. And bit by bit we see him change from someone amoral to someone who cares and able to discern right from wrong.

The way they get to know each other, and change their personalities so they can be a perfect match was touching. They were the characters that evolved the most since we first saw them. The story was interesting. The fact that we got a different scenario for the romance helped to see the book as different. There were parts when I felt a bit disappointed that everything was solved so fast. But the author gets us right in the gut a few steps ahead.

I really liked the book, more than I could imagine, since my past experiences weren't very good. Now I feel ready to go to the next one, but I feel a little bit scared too. Since in four books, I just really liked one, the odds are not in my favour. I really hope that Daisy can live up to my standards.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário